Scones. A scone (/skoʊn/, also UK: /skɒn/) is a baked good, usually made of wheat, or oatmeal with baking powder as a leavening agent and baked on sheet pans. Scones are the easiest British teatime treat and chances are that you will have all the ingredients for this recipe already. Scones are traditional pastries that are simple and easy to make, and delicious to eat.
Try our savoury scones, cheese scones, fruit scones and more. Authentic British scones aren't eaten for breakfast. British scones are small nibbles that are fairly plain on their own, but are classically eaten with jam and clotted cream, making for a real treat. You can have Scones using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Scones
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon zest (optional).
- It’s 8 Tbsp (1 stick) of unsalted butter, frozen.
- You need 1/2 cup of currants.
- It’s 1/4 cup of walnuts (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt or sour cream.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of vodka or milk.
- Prepare of Egg wash.
- Prepare of Turbinado sugar for dusting (optional).
Scones are as quintessentially British as the Queen, Coronation Street, tutting, and the Hollywood Handshake. Whether you slather yours in clotted cream or dollop strawberry jam on first, this baked. Lemonade Scones are the fastest and easiest scones you will ever make! Cream Scones have a lovely crisp crust with a rich buttery flavor and light and fluffy texture.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Beat egg in small bowl. Add vodka (or milk) and yogurt. Mix. Set aside..
- Combine dry ingredients and lemon zest in a food processor. Pulse twice..
- Shred frozen butter..
- Add butter to food processor and pulse a few times ti combine..
- Transfer flour and butter mix to a large bowl. Make a depression in the center. Add egg mixture and any dry fruit or nuts. Quickly mix just until dry ingredients are moist. Don’t over mix..
- Make scones with your hands, compressing dough in any shape and size you want..
- Paint scones with egg wash. Sprinkle turbinado sugar, if desired..
- Bake in a conventional oven for 17 minutes..
- Enjoy warm. If desired, let them cool and freeze in a bag..
If you overwork it or make it any thinner, the scones. Scone Recipes – Tea Scone Recipes – Scone Recipe Collection. Scones are so very easy to make and so delicious! Great for breakfast, tea time, or just any time you feel like scones. Freshly-baked scones are hard to beat. unless you're comparing them to freshly baked scones with an amazing topping.