Peanut Butter Banana Muffins.
You can have Peanut Butter Banana Muffins using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- It’s 100 g of smashed banana (1 medium overripe banana).
- It’s 29 ml of honey or pure maple syrup.
- You need 14 g of packed dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 41 g of plain Greek yogurt (or regular yogurt, any flavor/fat content).
- Prepare 1/3 of large egg.
- It’s 26 ml of unsweetened almond milk (or cow’s milk, soy milk, rice milk).
- It’s 40 g of creamy peanut butter (I use Skippy Creamy).
- It’s 2/3 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 75 g of white whole wheat flour, or 1:1 mix of whole wheat + all-purpose.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/3 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/3 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Optional: mini chocolate chips and melted creamy peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C). Spray mini muffin pan with nonstick spray or line them with liners. Set aside..
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mashed bananas, honey or maple syrup, brown sugar, yogurt, egg, and milk together until combined. Whisk in the peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth and thick. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips together (if using). Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and lightly whisk until combined. Stir as little as possible until no flour pockets remain..
- Fill the muffin cups practically all the way to the top. Between 3/4 full and all the way full. Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F (218°C)..
- Keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (177°C) and continue to bake for 11 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Drizzle muffins with melted peanut butter if desired..