Sweet Panang Curry. Panang curry is one of my favorite Thai recipes. It's spicy, rich, creamy, savory and sweet. You can make it with chicken, but beef Panang curry is also equally popular.
The Best Thai Panang Chicken Curry we've ever made. Cancel your takeout order and give it a try! Creamy delicious panang curry recipe using red curry paste, coconut milk ,fish sauce and palm sauce. You can have Sweet Panang Curry using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Panang Curry
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 lb of chicken breast, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 lb of extra-firm tofu, pressed, thinly sliced (sub for chicken).
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 tsp of fresh ginger.
- You need 2 cans of coconut milk (1 light, 1 full fat).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of panang red curry paste.
- It’s 2 tsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of peanut butter, creamy.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of basil.
Panang curry is sweeter and has the addition of peanuts or even a scoop of peanut butter in it. It may be a small change, but it makes a big difference in flavor bringing in the essence of peanut flavor and. Panang curry is one of those recipes everyone seems to love. Because of its milder and sweeter flavors, it's a great way to introduce your kids to Southeast Asian cuisine.
Sweet Panang Curry instructions
- Slice peppers and onions into thin strips. Mince garlic and ginger..
- Slice chicken and/or tofu into thin strips..
- Begin cooking rice..
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven. Saute chicken and/or tofu until no longer pink..
- Add curry paste and peanut butter and stir to coat and flavor the proteins..
- Add garlic and ginger and saute 1 more minute..
- Shake cans of coconut milk vigorously to incorporate the fats..
- Add peppers and onions to the pot and saute briefly to maintain some crunch!.
- Stir in 1.5 cans of the coconut milk. Whisk cornstarch into the remaining half can with a fork, then add to pot..
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked and the sauce begins to thicken..
- Stir in sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, and basil. Simmer a few more minutes..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice..
Panang curry (pronounced as Pa-Naing) is an Asian style curry that is spicy, creamy, and rich It is less spicy as compared to Thai red and green curry and is mildly sweet due to the use of palm sugar. Phanaeng curry is a variety of Thai curry that is characterized by its thick texture and a salty-sweet peanut flavor. The name of the dish is derived from the word panang, meaning cross, which refers. Panang curry paste looks just like Thai curry paste, bright red in color. But it's made using lesser chilies, hence makes it less spicy.