Spicy Cucumber Salad. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, sesame seed oil, hot sauce, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well. Add cucumber and toss to coat each slice. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
This Spicy Cucumber Salad is the BEST side salad! It's quick and easy to make, and the rice vinegar gives it an Asian flair. It's a simple healthy recipe that pairs well with almost any main dish. You can have Spicy Cucumber Salad using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Cucumber Salad
- You need of pickling cucumbers or 1 English cucumber.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s of Korean hot pepper paste.
- Prepare of Duenjang paste or miso paste.
- You need of tamari sauce.
- You need of honey, optional.
- You need of Onion powder.
- You need of black pepper.
- You need of toasted sesame oil.
Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links. Transfer cucumbers to a large bowl. This sweet and spicy cucumber salad has quite the kick, but it's delicious and packed with flavor. This vinegar based cucumber salad is perfect for a summer side dish, and something you could easily bring to a barbecue or potluck.
Spicy Cucumber Salad instructions
- Dice cucumbers and set them aside..
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together all seasonings. Pour the diced cucumber into the seasoning bowl. Coat the cucumber with the seasoning sauce. Serve as a side dish..
I grew up eating creamy, sour cream based cucumber salad. An easy Korean cucumber side dish that's spicy, slightly sweet and tangy! It'll be an excellent complement to any of your main dishes. One of the greatest joys of summer is the abundance of fresh vegetables. Among them are locally grown Korean.