Moist and Easy Carrot Cake.
You can have Moist and Easy Carrot Cake using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Moist and Easy Carrot Cake
- It’s of Carrot Cake.
- You need 83 g of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2/3 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/6 teaspoon of fine sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 98 ml of canola or other vegetable oil.
- Prepare 66 g of granulated sugar.
- It’s 66 g of lightly packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1/3 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of extra large eggs.
- Prepare 100 g of grated peeled carrots (1 medium carrot).
- It’s 30 g of coarsely chopped pecans (optional).
- It’s 20 g of raisins (optional).
- You need of Soft Creamy Frosting (not your traditional cream cheese frosting).
- Prepare 75 g of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- It’s 46 g of powdered sugar.
- You need 26 ml of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 17 g of coarsely chopped pecans, for topping.
Moist and Easy Carrot Cake instructions
- Heat the oven to 350F (176C). Grease 7 inch round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper then grease the top of the paper..
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and the cinnamon until well blended..
- In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, sugars, and vanilla. Whisk in the egg until combined..
- Switch to a large rubber spatula. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, gently stirring until they disappear and the batter is smooth. Stir in the carrots, nuts, and raisins..
- Pour into cake pan. Bake until the tops of the cake layers are springy when touched and when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 30t to 40 minutes..
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes then turn out onto cooling rack, peel off parchment paper and cool completely. (If it's stuck to the bottom of the pan, leave the cake pan upside down and allow gravity to do its thing)..
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a handheld mixer on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute..
- Beat in the powdered sugar, a spoon at a time until fluffy. Pour in cream and beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Chill covered until ready to frost cake..
- When the cake is completely cool, frost the top leaving the side unfrosted. Scatter nuts on top..