Sous Vide Strip steak with baked Sweet Potato.
You can cook Sous Vide Strip steak with baked Sweet Potato using 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sous Vide Strip steak with baked Sweet Potato
- It’s 12 oz of New York Strip Steak, 1" thick.
- Prepare of Kosher Salt.
- You need of Freshly ground black pepper.
- You need of Ground Rosemary, not powder.
- It’s of Sous Vide setup.
- You need 1 of Sweet Potato.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Blue Cheese.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Prepare of Sour Cream.
Sous Vide Strip steak with baked Sweet Potato instructions
- Trim off excess fat off the steak if desired..
- At least an hour before sou vide, lightly dust the meat with Kosher Salt, pepper, and Rosemary. Refrigerate..
- Set up the sous vide to 128f.
- Either vacuum seal the steak, or put in a ziplock bag, partially zip the bag, submerse in the water to let the air out and then seal all the way..
- Sous Vide for 2-3 hours..
- About an hour before the steak is ready, preheat oven to 425f..
- Clean the potato and poke with a fork in several places..
- Put the potato on a baking pan and cook for 1 hour..
- When the sous vide time is up, remove the steak and dry thoroughly to help searing..
- Remove the potato,slice in half and plate..
- Heat a cast iron pan to scorching hot. Do not add oil to the pan-your kitchen will be filled with smoke!.
- Brush the steak with oil on both sides and sear for about a minute on eack side..
- Serve with blue cheese and pass butter and sour cream..
- We like it with a good Merlot..