Soulé Chili Mac.
You can cook Soulé Chili Mac using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soulé Chili Mac
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of Shallots, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 can (10 oz) of field peas rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 can (15 oz) of diced tomatoes and Serrano peppers, including juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of grated ginger.
- It’s 4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped.
- You need 1 of jalapeño, diced.
- You need 2 of Brussels sprouts, halved and fine sliced.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, diced.
- You need of Grated cheddar cheese, topping.
- You need of Sour cream, garnish.
- Prepare 1 cup of elbow macaroni.
Soulé Chili Mac step by step
- For the macaroni, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add macaroni and stir. Cover until al dente (approx 6min)..
- Prep the ingredients..
- In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, heat oil 30 seconds. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook an additional 1 minute..
- Add ground beef to skillet and break up with a spatula. Stir occasionally and cook until no longer pink, about 8 minutes..
- Add salt, chili powder, and cumin; stir another 10 seconds. Add in ginger and stir..
- Add in field peas, Cajun pinto beans and bacon. Stir and let cook about a minute..
- Next, add in jalapeños, Brussels sprouts and red peppers, stir well into mixture..
- Add tomatoes and then bring mixture to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer on low heat and cook 10 minutes..
- Spoon chili into a bowl and enjoy hot..