Taco Pasta. Taco Pasta is creamy, spicy and an easy Italian meets Mexican dinner. I love making this pasta when I want everyone at the table to be happy. Allrecipes Festive and spicy, this hearty entree combines cooked fettucini with ground meat, taco seasoning, shredded Cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper, garlic powder and black olives.
Whoever thought of combining these two in one ultimate dish was a genius! It has everything you are looking for in a hearty main dish! It is filling, quick, and easy to make. You can have Taco Pasta using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Taco Pasta
- It’s 3/4 box of your favorite noodle.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of favorite ground beef.
- It’s 1 of small yellow onion minced.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- You need 2 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 1 of large spoonful of sour cream.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Green onion & cilantro for garnish.
A cheesy blend of twirly pasta noodles, ground chicken, fresh veggies, and other taco-centric ingredients like spices, salsa, and black beans, this entire dinner cooks in the same skillet, including the noodles. Like pasta, it comes together quickly. Cheesy pasta shells are tossed with seasoned ground beef in a creamy taco sauce. This is sure to be a huge hit with the family, picky eaters included!
Taco Pasta step by step
- Cook pasta according to instructions on box/bag. While pasta is cooking, heat oil over med-med high heat. Add ground beef & break apart, add onions. Cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain & return to pain. Add can of tomatoes qnd taco seasoning. Mix. Drain pasta but keep 1/4 cup of pasta water..
- Add noodles. Add cream cheese, sour cream & shredded cheese. Change heat to low..
- Cook & mix until cheese is melted. Add pasta water 1tbs at a time until you get the consistency you would like. When serving add any taco sides you like: I topped with sour cream, green onions & cilantro..
Be sure to try my Taco Lasagna recipe next! Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside. In a skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef, add the packet of taco seasoning and water. Mix well and continue to cook for about another minute. Stir in the pasta, salsa, and cheese.