Sweet and sour pork in one pan. Sweet and Sour Pork is a restaurant quality meal that can be easily made at home in one pan. Sweet and Sour Pork is a family favorite weeknight meal, because of how easy it is to make and also budget-friendly. This dish is also very flavorful, it can easily compete with your favorite takeout place.
The secret lies in the use of plum sauce and lemon juice to create the perfect balance of sweetness and sourness. Chinese sweet and sour pork is prepared by marinating the pork with light soy sauce, cornatarch and egg white for thirty minutes at least. Sweet and Sour Pork is a flavorful one-pan meal made with snow peas. You can have Sweet and sour pork in one pan using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour pork in one pan
- You need 1 1/2 pounds of pork loin cut into 1-2 inch cubes.
- You need 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 of ⁄4 cup vegetable or canola oil.
- It’s of —————————————-.
- You need of Sauce: (This is the best sauce I have ever made!).
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 4 tablespoons of ketchup.
- You need 1/4 cup of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/3 cup of pineapple juice.
- You need 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garlic minced.
- You need of (I omitted the 1 tablespoon ginger minced).
Then, pan fry them in a delicious and sticky sweet and sour sauce. Add some snap peas to the pan and you have a perfect, healthy one pan meal! The sweet and sour pork in China is quite different from the American version, though. The takeout style is usually heavily battered, deep fried, and swamped in Introducing the authentic Chinese sweet and sour pork made with lightly battered pork, pan-fried until crispy, juicy, and tender, then tossed in.
Sweet and sour pork in one pan step by step
- Start the Rice before you cook the Pork.
- In a large zip top bag, toss the pork pieces with the cornstarch well so every piece is covered. Set aside..
- Add all the "Sauce" ingredients to a bowl and whisk together to combine. Set aside.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large pan over medium- high heat..
- Once the oil is hot, add the pork and fry on medium-high heat until crispy and golden. Toss the pieces to make sure you cook them evenly. Cook until golden and crispy, about 7-10 minutes..
- Drain excess oil from pan..
- Give the sauce a quick stir, as some ingredients are on the bottom of the bowl, and add it to the pan..
- Stir to coat well the pork for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, until sauce has thickened..
- If the sauce is not as thick as you want, mix separately 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water and add it to the pan. (never had this issue).
- Wait for the sauce to start to boil, after that remove the pan from heat..
- Serve immediately with rice..
- Sorry for no picture, but it didn't hag around long enough after cooking..
Crispy fried pork pieces are combined with peppers, tomatoes, pineapple and onion in a spicy sweet and sour sauce. Over medium-high heat, stir-fry the green bell pepper, red chile pepper, pineapple, onion and tomato until the vegetables are tender. Sweet and Sour Pork is a Cantonese dish (咕嚕肉 or gū lō yuk) where tender pieces of pork are deep fried until crispy and then stir fried with vegetables and pineapple in a sweet and sour sauce. Its characteristic orange-red color comes from ketchup, which makes it especially appealing to kids and. Sweet and Sour Pork is an iconic Chinese recipe and classic Cantonese dish.