Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon. Mix the Sour Cream with the maple syrup Place the soup into the bowl add the maple sour cream and then add the candied bacon around the soup. And chives or green onions Enjoy. Cut up the bacon into small pieces and set aside for garnishing the soup later.
Add in the sweet potatoes, chicken broth, and spices. While the bacon is baking, spices and salt to the sweet potatoes and stir thoroughly. Cook for a couple of minutes, then add a splash of bourbon to deglaze the bottom of the pot. You can cook Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon
- You need 4 tablespoons of Unsalted Butter.
- It’s 2 of shallots thinly sliced.
- It’s 4 sprigs of fresh Thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Peels From the Sweet Potatoes.
- Prepare 4 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 Pounds of Sweet Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need of For the garnish.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- You need 4-6 slices of bacon.
- You need of Green onions or chives thinly sliced enough to top the soup.
Stir again, then pour in vegetable broth. Raise heat to high and bring just to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Creamy Cauliflower Soup Sweet Potato Soup Candied Bacon Bits Buttery Rye Croutons Maple Sour Cream Rich and Velvety Shrimp Bisque Green Salad with Orange Marmalade Dressing and Toasted Almonds Brussels Sprout Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette Baked Goad Cheese Salad with Pecans and Radishes. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium low heat.
Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon instructions
- Peel the Sweet Potatoes saving ¼ cup of the peels. Then cut the potatoes in half-length wise, then slice ½ inch thick cuts width wise..
- Melt butter in pot then add the shallots and thyme and cook for about 5 min till soft..
- Now add the water and bring the water to just to it begins to boil and then turn off the heat and add the sweet potatoes and the peels into the pot and let everything steep for 20 min. With a cover on the pot.
- After the 20 min add the Table spoon of Brown Sugar, ½ teaspoon of cider vinegar, 1 ½ teaspoons of kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper..
- Turn the heat back on and bring to almost boiling again once it reaches to a simmer cook for 10 min on medium heat..
- While you wait cut the bacon into small strips and begin to cook the bacon until crispy. Drain the fat away and then place the bacon back into the pan and add the 3 teaspoons of brown sugar and the Cider Vinegar..
- Cook until the sugar dissolves and is well coated the bacon. Place onto a plate once the bacon is done..
- Once the Potatoes are done cooking remove the thyme sprigs and spoon the potatoes and peels into the blender but only fill it about half way. Puree until smooth. Work in batches until all the potatoes and peels are completely smooth. Place back everything back into the pot..
- Mix the Sour Cream with the maple syrup.
- Place the soup into the bowl add the maple sour cream and then add the candied bacon around the soup. And chives or green onions Enjoy..
Add water, increase heat to high, and bring to simmer. Slowly stir the sweet potato mixture into the thickened maple syrup. Stir in the bourbon (if using) and cream. See recipes for Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon too. Slowly stir until cheese is melted.