Sour cream coffee cake (Jewish coffee cake). This coffeecake calls for dairy-rich sour cream to keep it moist and flakey and gets plenty of sweet from the addition of a brown sugar and cinnamon-nut filling. Serve it for dessert, but make sure to save yourself a slice to enjoy for breakfast the next day—I won't judge! Sour cream makes this coffee cake incredibly moist and tasty for days.
Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. In small bowl, combine filling and topping ingredients, mix well. You can have Sour cream coffee cake (Jewish coffee cake) using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sour cream coffee cake (Jewish coffee cake)
- Prepare of Batter.
- You need 250 g of flour.
- You need 130 g of sugar.
- Prepare 350 g of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 115 g of butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- It’s of Streusel topping.
- Prepare 100 g of light brown sugar.
- You need 30 g of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 30 g of butter.
- You need 100 g of walnuts.
Spread half of batter in prepared pan, sprinkle with half of brown sugar mixture. And I don't mean the best coffee cake I have ever made, because this is the first coffee cake I've ever made, but best coffee cake I've ever TASTED. Recipes for this pastry have changed over time. Ashkenazic Sour Cream Coffee Cake (Smeteneh Küchen) Coffee cakes rank among the most popular of comfort foods, welcomed at breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and as the name indicates, coffee.
Sour cream coffee cake (Jewish coffee cake) instructions
- Make streusel topping by combining all the ingredients for it (melted butter, chopped walnuts, flour, cinnamon and sugar).
- Mix wet ingredients – melted butter, sugar, eggs and sour cream.
- Mix dry ingredients for the batter – flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt.
- Add dry ingredients into the bowl with wet ingredients and incorporate them (do not do not over mix).
- Put 2/3 of the batter in the pan.
- Put half of the streusel topping on it.
- Put the rest of the batter on top of the streusel topping.
- Put the remaining streusel topping.
- Bake for 45min in prepared to 180° oven.
Recipes for this pastry have changed over time. Use an electric mixer to cream the granulated sugar and butter together until fluffy. Make the cake: In a medium bowl lightly whisk the yolks, ¼ c. of the sour cream and vanilla. Add the butter and remaining ¾ c. of sour cream. Bake at the same temperature and for the same length of time as the sour cream coffee cake.