Sweet and sour shrimp. From Peeled To Shrimp Cocktail To Giant Wild Gulf Coast Shrimp, We've Got You Covered. Add the sauce and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Add the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil.
Cook over medium heat until filling is hot and bubbly. Add green pepper, water chestnuts and shrimp. Sweet and Sour Shrimp is a quick Chinese meal made all in on pot! You can have Sweet and sour shrimp using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour shrimp
- It’s 1/2 cup of rice vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/3 cup of water.
- It’s 3 cups of rice.
- You need 1 cup of red bell pepper.
- You need 1 cup of green bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oil.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 16-20 of shrimp.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrot.
- Prepare 1 cup of pineapple.
Succulent seafood is stir-fried with bell peppers, zucchini, pineapple and then tossed in a tangy honey sauce. Experience the yin and yang of Chinese cooking in this sweet and sour shrimp recipe by Feng Shui consultant Leslie Jacobson. Medium shrimp will do just fine in this dish that is fleshed out with pineapple, red peppers, celery, carrots, and onions. Heat up a skillet with the cooking oil on high heat.
Sweet and sour shrimp instructions
- In a measuring cup, combine cornstarch and water; set aside.
- Peel, rinse and devein shrimp; season with salt and pepper; set aside..
- Chop vegetables; set aside.
- Prepare rice according to directions.
- In a medium saucepan, add rice vinegar,soy sauce,sugar, ketchup, bring to boil; turn heat to simmer and set aside.
- Add oil to a large, non-stick skillet on medium high heat.
- Add bell peppers, pineapple and carrot; cook for 3 minutes.
- Next, add shrimp to skillet; cook 3 minutes until shrimp begin to turn pink.
- Pour cornstarch mixture into skillet; reduce heat and cook until sauce begins to thicken.
- Plate rice, then add shrimp and sauce; garnish with green onions or thym and sesame seeds.
When it's heated, add the garlic and stir fry until the garlic turns light brown. Add in the shrimp, stir fry until the surface turns white. Cook shrimp and red-pepper flakes until shrimp are opaque. Add Del Monte® Sliced Peaches in Heavy Syrup, bring to a boil and cook until thickened. Sweet and Sour Shrimp is made with golden-crispy shrimp, healthy veggies, and coated in a delicious sweet and sour sauce.