extra crispy spicy chicken. While the oil is heating combine the flour, corn meal, salt and pepper in another resealable plastic bag. One at a time, place chicken pieces in bag, seal and shake to coat. Extra Crispy Spicy Fried Chicken This Extra Crispy Spicy Fried Chicken is moist and tender from a buttermilk soak and extra crispy from a double batter.
Return to flour mixture and coat. Working in batches, drop each piece of chicken into the hot oil. Keep in mind that dark meat chicken takes longer to cook than white meat. You can cook extra crispy spicy chicken using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of extra crispy spicy chicken
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of hot red sauce(i used louisiana hotsauce).
- Prepare 4 cup of flour.
- You need 2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 3 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 of salt pepper and garlic to taste.
- Prepare 2 gallon of zip lock bags.
- Prepare 1 quart of buttermilk.
- You need 10 of chicken legs.
According to Ron Douglas, author of America's Most Wanted Recipes, the real key to the perfect crispy texture is one thing: monosodium glutamate (MSG). You can add this into your seasoning mix before breading or sprinkle it on the chicken after frying. In a large gallon freezer bag, mix flour, pepper, paprika, and cayenne. Remove chicken from buttermilk (if marinated) and sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
extra crispy spicy chicken step by step
- place chicken in zip lock bag n cover with buttermilk and put in fridge for 24 hrs or a couple hours is fine.
- take chicken out of ziplock bag n season with salt pepper n garlic to taste.
- combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl set aside then combine the next four ingredients in the other zip lock bag.
- take seasoned chicken n put in flour mixture till coated then in egg mixture then back in flour mixture.
- then place chicken in hot grease on stove till done.
Place all chicken pieces in freezer bag with flour mixture. Shake until all pieces are evenly coated. Add chicken and tie the bag close so that the chicken is completely submerged in the brine. The chicken marinates in buttermilk, making it tender and juicy, along with garlic powder and hot sauce for flavor. Once marinated, the chicken strips are double-dipped in the spicy buttermilk and a seasoned flour mix to ensure a flavorful, crispy breading.