Fish Fillets in spicy Tomato Broth. Garnish with more basil if desired. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning, adding more lemon juice if necessary serve hot or warm Put the passata, stock, onion, herbs, garlic, chilli, ginger, curry powder, cumin, turmeric, cardamom, lemon juice and oil in a pan and bring to the boil. Garnish with basil leaves, drizzle with oil, and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.
Though this recipe calls for cod, any firm, meaty, white-fleshed fish would work. Season the fish with salt and pepper and gently lay the pieces in the brothy tomatoes. The marinated fish slices are poached briefly in seasoned water. You can have Fish Fillets in spicy Tomato Broth using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish Fillets in spicy Tomato Broth
- It’s 4 of 4-6 ounce white fish fillets such as sea bass or cod.
- You need 1 large of shallot finely chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 6 medium of fresh ripe tomatos peeled, seeded and chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh basil,chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of hot pepper sauce such as franks hot sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
They taste very tender, succulent and packed with flavour. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Lightly coated snapper in a spicy tomato broth Sometimes simple is satisfying. This recipe features a fillet of snapper that has been lightly coated in cornmeal and gently pan fried.
Fish Fillets in spicy Tomato Broth instructions
- For Broth.
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, add shallot,garlic, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes cook just until soft.
- Add tomato's and cook until they begin to give off their juice,add 1/2 of the basil add wine and lemon and reduce at medium heat until reduced by 1/2.
- Add chicken stock,reduce heat to a simmer while preparing fish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet large enough to hold fish in 1 layer, season fish with salt and pepper, sear fish for about 3 minutes on one side until golden, turn over, reduce heat pour tomato broth over fish, add remaining basil, and hot sauce cover and cook on very low about 7 minutes more depending on thickness of fish.
- Serve each fillet in a shallow soup bowl, dividing broth among bowls.
- Have crusty bread along the side for soaking up the sauce!.
The fillet sits in a simple broth of Mexican inspired herbs and spices. There are so many ways to cook fish fillets. It could be steamed, grilled, broiled or poached – to name a few. Perhaps the most popular of them all is pan-frying. The fish fillets could either be coated with a seasoned flour mixture or simply seasoned with a dry rub.