Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches .. for a Party. Place one slice, butter-side down in the hot skillet. Top with Swiss cheese and ham. Spread the unbuttered side of the second slice of bread with mayonnaise and mustard; place it, butter-side up on top of the sandwich.
Sahlen's Italian Style Hot Ham provides the same satisfying taste as capicola without all the extra fat. The Sahlen blend of spices creates the perfect amount of flavor so you taste more meat than heat. Gluten-free Sahlen's Italian Style Hot Ham makes for delicious Italian assorted sandwiches, subs and hoagies, or if you prefer to roll it. You can cook Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches .. for a Party using 6 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches .. for a Party
- You need 1 of canned ham about 4-5lbs…
- It’s 40 slice of american cheese.
- Prepare 20 of kaiser rolls.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter/ margarine (approximatly).
- It’s 20 tsp of spicy brown or original mustard (optional).
- It’s 6 tbsp of bacon grease.
Wisconsin hot ham and rolls is something bizarre, and if you have never been to Milwaukee, it is a must on a Sunday morning. I kid you not, people line up in the deli after church and order hot ham, then head over and pick up their rolls, go home, and enjoy their hot ham and rolls. I remember them clearly as a kid, but never questioned the idea of why we were having hot ham and rolls for. HOT HAM Lyrics: (Ayy) / Hot damn, hot damn / Hot grits in the morning with hot ham (Ayy) / Trans-Am, big dunks / Hydraulic shit lookin' like a summer slam (Skrrt) / Big nut on her face Directions.
Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches .. for a Party step by step
- slice canned ham into slices appropriate for a sandwich. (HINT) I make mine about 1/4 inch. I used dabuque brand canned ham.. but u can use deli sliced ham or package sliced ham. but id make sure they were thick enough to fry up. 🙂 u can also use bologna slices…
- preheat skillet on medium high.. with 2tbl. bacon grease. (HINT) u may sub for butter or a nice flavorful oil. (HINT) if pan gets to hot just lower heat. :).
- fry ham slices for about 30 seconds to one minute per side. give a nice browning. add bacon grease as needed..
- set ham aside..
- preheat oven to 375.
- slice all kaiser rolls in equal halves.. all the way through..
- butter both sides of the inside part of the buns..
- then spread mustard on one side or both sides depends on how much u like.. (HINT) u can omit mustard as I did..
- place 1 slice of cheese per roll half.. (HINT) u can omit cheese, cut down amount of cheese or use any type of cheese u wish. cheddar goes perfect with these as well…
- place 2-3 slices of ham (more or less depending on ur liking) on half of the rolls..
- place the other half of rolls on top of the ham cheese side down…
- wrap each sandwich in a piece of aluminum foil. (HINT) this helps with lots of things.. it keeps the bread protected and keeps the juices in.. :).
- (HINT) to wrap.. place a sheet of foil large enough to completely wrap sandwich in. place sandwich top side down. fold each corner in overlapping. then place folded side down onto cookie sheet..
- place sandwiches on a cookie/baking sheet..
- bake for 10-15 min. or until pipping hot and cheese is melted and gooey.. (HINT) unwrap one to check after 10 min..
- place still wrapped sanwiches on a serving tray or large bowl..
- serve hot with toppings of choice. they can now unwrap their hot ham n cheese and assemble with favorite toppings. toppings suggested would be slices of tomato, onion, lettuce, pepper rings, jalpeno rings and pickle slices.. or any other toppings u would like..
- enjoy! :).
- serves about 20 large sandwiches..
Layer roll bottoms with cheddar cheese, bacon, ham and mozzarella cheese; replace tops. Wrap sandwiches in foil; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Experience a world of flavor with Boar's Head Ham products. From classic tastes to bold flavors, you'll enjoy the product that Boar's Head was built on any way you slice it. Hot ham water Appearances: " S.