Pikliz (aka Haitian hot pepper sauce). Pikliz (aka Haitian hot pepper sauce) sarsid. Use the vinegar and/or the veggies. As someone who consider myself an aficionado of anything hot and spicy, it must be said that Haitian Pikliz is at the top of my list when it comes to spicy condiments.
Other Caribbean islands also have their variety of hot peppers pickled. The main ingredients are hot peppers, cabbage, carrot, and vinegar. This bright and fiery Haitian condiment (pronounced "pick-lees") is traditionally served with meats and fried food to balance rich flavors. You can cook Pikliz (aka Haitian hot pepper sauce) using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pikliz (aka Haitian hot pepper sauce)
- Prepare 1 packages of coleslaw mix.
- You need 1 of vinegar.
- It’s 1 of tight-sealing container.
- You need 2 each of jalepeno (or scotch bonnet peppers) slicd into rings.
Share " Pikliz (Haitian Pickled Vegetable Relish) " on. Pikliz is a spicy Haitian condiment that will dazzle your taste buds. This pickled cabbage blend is vibrant in color, it's crunchy, and spicy. It's the perfect garnish over fritters, baked or fried dishes, like baked pork, bbq's, or tossed over a salad.
Pikliz (aka Haitian hot pepper sauce) instructions
- Clean and completely dry container.
- Fill container 1/2 way with coleslaw mix..
- Add 1/2 of the jalepenos.
- Fill rest of container with coleslaw mix.
- Add rest of jalapenos at the top..
- Fill container with vinegar to the top..
- Seal and refrigerate for a week..
It's great on burgers and hot dogs too. PIKLIZ "THE HAITIAN HOT SAUCE" Made with Organic Cabbages and Organic Hot Peppers. Please shake well before opening the lid. Product can last up to a month in the fridge. Refrigerate after opening Pikliz is made with cabbage, carrots, scotch bonnet peppers, garlic, vinegar and lime or lemon juice.