Larb Moo / Thai Spicy Minced Pork Salad. It's a spicy combination of chopped lean meat, toasted and ground rice, ground hot chili, mint, shallots, and other seasonings. This recipe for Larb Moo is made with chopped pork loin, but you can use ground beef or chicken for an equally delicious result. Larb Moo (Spicy Minced Pork Salad) is a name of Thai dish which is very popular in Thailand.
You can also cook this dish with other meats (chicken, beef, duck or mushrooms). In a large bowl, combine the rice powder, baby greens, red pepper, cucumber, mint leaves, fresh coriander leaves, basil, and red onions. Add the warm pork mixture and toss with the greens. You can have Larb Moo / Thai Spicy Minced Pork Salad using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Larb Moo / Thai Spicy Minced Pork Salad
- It’s 200 grams of minced pork.
- Prepare 2 of shallots.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground roasted rice.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried ground chili.
- You need 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1/3 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 3 of hot chilli,chopped.
- It’s 1 bunch of coriander or thai mints,chopped.
- You need 1 bunch of spring onion,chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1 bunch of vegetables of your choice to side with this spicy dish,.
Garnish with fresh coriander and mint leaves. Thai Minced Pork Salad (Larb Moo) Ingredients: Fresh Minced Pork Shallots Spring Onions Fresh Mint Fresh Coriander Fresh Lime Guinea Chillies (very hot) Fish Sauce Dried Chillie Powder Roasted Ground Rice(Glutinous) MSG Mono-Sodium Glutamate(optional) Table Salt. Method: Add Minced Pork + Salt, stir until Pork is cooked. Larb (ลาบ) is a Thai salad, but it's not a vegetable salad, instead it's a meat salad.
Larb Moo / Thai Spicy Minced Pork Salad instructions
- Boil water on medium heat ,cook your minced pork in there,by stir occasionly ,add ground black pepper ,stir until cooked ,water almost get dried ,heat off and let it cool.
- Prepare serving plate by based with your favorite vegetables to side with this spicy dish,mine have cucumber,carrots,beans,and some green leaves.
- Chop the other ingredients left in the list ,add to mixing bowl ,this including ground roasted chilli,ground roasted rice ,both must be fresh ground for perfect taste,reduce chilli if you dont like much spicy in this step or omit chopped fresh chilli as i'm sure when you chewing you will find the heat !.
- When minced pork compleatly cool,add to the bowl,add lime juice,fishsauce ,stir to mix.
- Top on vegetables plate ,serve :).
The minced pork is wonderfully seasoned with fish sauce, chili flakes, lime juice, toasted sticky rice to give it some crunchy texture, and a wonderful assortment of fresh herbs to bring it all together. In a nutshell, Isaan pork larb is a herby 'salad' based on minced pork. The minced meat is cooked and then mixed with raw onion and generous handfuls fresh herbs (commonly mint and coriander). The whole salad is then tossed in a mouthwatering dressing of lime, chilli, sugar and fish sauce. Spicy Minced Pork Salad (Thai Food) ลาบหมู