Awesome Spicy Mashed Potatoes. Place potatoes in a pot with enough water to cover. In a small bowl, mash potatoes with milk. Beat in the goat cheese, cilantro, onion, jalapeno and garlic.
You can make garlic mashed potatoes on the stovetop alone, or pop them in the oven so they puff into potato clouds. Potatoes will look dull and not moist. Mash potatoes with a masher until coarsely mashed. You can have Awesome Spicy Mashed Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Awesome Spicy Mashed Potatoes
- Prepare 5 lb of Potatoes (your choice of type).
- You need 1 of Cream Cheese, one block of or more.
- You need 1 of sour cream, as much as your little heart desires.
- It’s 2/3 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 of pecan-wood smoked bacon: add to preference.
- It’s 1 block of sharp cheddar or pre shredded cheddar.
- It’s 1 of Your favorite AWESOME Hot Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flax milk or 2% milk.
- Prepare 1 of Pink Himilayan salt.
- You need 16 oz of green manzanilla olives.
- It’s 1 of chives.
Add butter mixture and slowly stir in milk. Causa itself refers to the spicy mashed potatoes that are seasoned with aji amarillo and lime. It can be filled with chicken salad, tuna salad, avocado, shrimp salad, ceviche or really anything you like! Traditionally it has a bit of mayonnaise on top to counteract the spiciness, and in true Peruvian style, a hard boiled egg.
Awesome Spicy Mashed Potatoes instructions
- Peel potatoes and cube them. The smaller they are the quicker they will soften when boiled.
- Soak cubes in a pot of water. This will help remove excess skin peels, and starch..
- Pour pot of cubed potatoes into a large colander and rinse potatoes under sink faucet..
- Add potatoes to a large pot.
- Fill pot 2/3 to the top with water, or at least until water line is above the potato contents by a minimum of 1 inch.
- Add pink Himalayan salt, cover with lid. Bring to rapid boil.
- Boil until potatoes are soft, but remove from heat before they are mushy and become part of the water..
- When soft, drain out the hot water carefully using colander.
- Dump the potatoes back into the pot, add the butter, sour cream, more pink Himalayan salt, cream cheese, bacon, flax milk and mash the potatoes and ingredients with a masher.
- When all ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the potatoes and the potatoes are creamy, not chunky, add green olives, and 12-16 oz of your favorite AWESOME Hot Sauce. Mash again.
- When even distribution is achieved, scoop potatoes into a bowl.
- Top with shredded cheddar, chives, and crumbled bacon.
- Serve and enjoy.
In a saucepan, melt the butter until it starts to froth. Add the curry, turmeric, chili powder, and chili flakes. Swanson® Unsalted Chicken Stock is combined with potatoes, low-fat sour cream and a low-sodium ranch mix and topped with turkey bacon. You won't miss any of the flavor in this healthier version of mashed potatoes. Great recipe for "good old fashioned" mashed potatoes!