Vietnamese Summer Rolls with spicy garlic peanut sauce. Spicy Peanut Sauce: In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp paste and continue to stir until the shrimp. Great recipe for Vietnamese Summer Rolls with spicy garlic peanut sauce.
Drain in a colander and run under cold water until cool. Once you dip a roll in the spicy peanut sauce and take a bite, you'll fall in love! The Difference Between Summer Rolls vs Spring Rolls. You can have Vietnamese Summer Rolls with spicy garlic peanut sauce using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Summer Rolls with spicy garlic peanut sauce
- It’s of for the rolls.
- It’s 1 packages of Rice paper.
- You need 1 lb of mung bean sprout.
- Prepare 1 bunch of basil, stems removed.
- Prepare 1 bunch of chives, cut into 1 inch stems.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro , stems removed.
- You need 1 of avocado , thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 bunch of bean vermecelli, boiled and softened.
- You need 1 head of leaf lettuce, spit into individual leaves.
- It’s 1 lb of shrimp, devein, poach in boiling water until pink. then remove deshell and vertically slice in half. by boiling in the shell, it preserves the taste and shape.
- Prepare 1 of pot hot water to dip rice paper.
- It’s of for the sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of peanut butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sirracha.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chili garlic sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of crushed roasted peanut.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of warm water.
- You need 1 tbsp of avocado oil.
While spring rolls are served warm, these Vietnamese in origin Summer rolls are served cold. That's the biggest difference between the two. In addition, traditionally summer rolls are wrapped with a semi. In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, mirin and as much of the sriracha as you'd like, depending on how spicy you'd like the sauce to be.
Vietnamese Summer Rolls with spicy garlic peanut sauce instructions
- Dip rice paper in hot water and place on flat surface. Arrange all other ingredients for the rolls around you for easy access..
- Place 3 pieces of shrimp(1 and a half shrimp), lettuce leaf, bean sprouts, basil, cilanto, avocado, chives, vermecelli noodle mound onto bottom 3rd of paper. Tightly roll until 1/2 of the way. Tuck in right and left side and continue rolling until it is sealed. Place roll on a plate and repeat until all ingredients are gone..
- For the sauce: sauteed garlic until fragrant in avocado oil. Put in peanut butter and dilute with some water. Cook until combined..
- For the sauce: add hoisin, sirracha, chili garlic sauce and sugar into peanut butter mixture and heat until boiling. Remove from heat and add crushed peanuts on top..
- Dip summer roll in warm sauce and enjoy.
Vietnamese Summer Rolls with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce ~ these traditional rice paper wrapped rolls are filled with crunchy veggies for a refreshing appetizer or light meal. I first had these on a sweltering summer day in Los Angeles, in a tiny Vietnamese restaurant years ago. This authentic Vietnamese peanut sauce recipe uses only a handful of ingredients that will be delicious paired with fresh spring rolls. Vietnamese spring rolls (sometimes called summer rolls) with peanut sauce is DELICIOUS. I'm going to share with your our family's recipe for a delicious spicy peanut based dipping sauce.