Spicy Fried Chicken. Order From Your Favorite Fried Chicken Restaurants Today. Order From Your Favorite Wings Restaurants Today. Drain the fried chicken on paper towels.
Into a large paper bag, measure the flour, cayenne, garlic powder, paprika, and salt and pepper. Make sure the chicken is nice and clean before anything. Then drizzle the hot sauce all over the chicken then set the chicken to the side. You can cook Spicy Fried Chicken using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Fried Chicken
- It’s of brine.
- Prepare 2 liters of Buttermilk.
- It’s 4 of Garlic Cloves (minced).
- You need 1 of Onion (grated).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Hot Sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Sea salt.
- It’s 4 Lbs of Chicken Pieces (legs, breasts, etc.).
- Prepare of egg wash.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Water.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Hot Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of crushed Chili Pepper Flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- It’s 3 Cups of Flour.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Sea Salt.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Pepper.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Creole Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Poultry Seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of Chili Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Celery Salt.
Now grab a large freezer bag, and add in the flour, seasonings, and herbs. Spicy Fried Chicken is best enjoyed fresh when the skin is still crispy. The skin won't be as crispy, but the flavors will still be there! Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
Spicy Fried Chicken step by step
- Combine the Brine ingredients in a pot and mix thoroughly, the add chicken pieces. Refrigerate for 12 hours..
- Remove chicken from brine and rinse quickly to remove brine. Combine all seasonings except flour for the seasoning mixture. Divide seasoning in half. In a large bowl add the flour to the one half the seasonings..
- Sprinkle the chicken with the other half of the seasonings, use the entire amount..
- Mix your egg wash ingredients in a large bowl..
- Now set your dredging station so you have your egg mixture, seasoning mixture, and a plate..
- Dredge chicken as follows. Seasoning mixture, egg wash, and seasoning mixture a second time. Set on plate..
- Deep fry the chicken at 350°F for the following times. If using whole chicken pieces, 16 minutes. If using boneless chicken breast cut into strips, 8 minutes..
- Let rest on paper towels for 5 minutes. Serve..
Spread the bottom of each sandwich roll with the spicy mayo mixture. Put the chicken strips in the buttermilk mixture. Tips for making Popeye's Spicy Fried Chicken If you would like the chicken to have a spicier batter increase the cayenne pepper and white pepper to one tablespoon each. Only frying chickens should be used for the recipe. Add chicken and tie the bag close so that the chicken is completely submerged in the brine.